Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Livestrong!

I came across these pics from a gal's facebook page that is Garrett's age at school. For those of you that don't know, Burley and Minico are ARCH rivals. BUT in the face of adversity, this time being Garrett's cancer, they have come together. Just typing this brings tears to my eyes! Notice the homemade arm bands that BOTH teams are wearing. They are yellow like the Lance Armstrong Livestrong bands and they say G-5 for Garrett! What an amazing thing! I love how Carli added the color affect on the second one. It makes it look so much more meaningful that it ALREADY is! Thanks Carli!
WOW!

4 comments:

  1. wow I love that. As I was reading I also got teary eyed. Not what anyone would ever want but what a way to unite and fight for G baby. Love you and hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet! I love how the whole community is coming together for Garrett. So inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jayne that is so crazy, I had no idea all this was going on and I look at your blog one day and my jaw just dropped! I am so glad you guys are updating on his progress and know that we are thinking about him down here and hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a neat thing! What awesome guys!

    ReplyDelete