So I just had to share this with everyone...Alex and I were on our way into the apartment after a wonderful dinner out on the town. Everything was awesome and peachy until I came around the corner before approaching the front door and almost stepped on this:
Come to find out it was a toxic bula toad. They have glands behind their eyes that spray poison in its predators or when they feel threatened from behind. They have caused a few deaths in animals and small children here in Hawaii. If Alex would have known that he probably wouldn't have started poking him with a stick....from behind! Pretty gross don't you think? I'm not gonna lie, I didn't sleep at all that night!